Mop Doctor Who Episode 9: The Aquarius Incident

 Game can be downloaded here: https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/233361/doctor-who-solitaire-story-game-second-edition/files

My Twitter, follow for updates n that:https://mobile.twitter.com/MarvelousMop

Update time, I did increase the doctor’s brains from 10 to 11… God, this is episode 9, the penultimate episode, the next one is just the end. Onto the theme song.

I used to hang out around Maldavor during my last regeneration… really got around back then. Out of all the places the Tardis could’ve randomly selected, this is the one… I made sure to keep my companions close as we walked around the amazing yet dingy city. The best looking place in sight was the Maldovarium bar. Most people who visit here do so to visit that bar. I heard a stern yet smooth voice come from behind me, “Hey Doctor, long time no see.” I turned around to see a man I scarcely recognised if it weren’t for his long grey coat and general demeanour and the fact he introduced himself immediately after, when flirting with Lewis. “I’m Captain Jack Harkness…”

(Artbreeder again, whipping up a knockoff Captain Jack because... idk).


Lewis was blushing, Jack was distracting everyone and I was just trying to herd these cats around the place, maybe visit the bar, when I found the entrance of a cave. I remember this cave, but it appeared that this cave had recently had some sort of mining company set up there again. The mines used to be where this planet made most of its money, but the mines were shut down after the previous company had several safety violations and were forced to shut down.. By the entrance, I found a large white claw… Slitheen in origin. I decided to investigate the mines further. I decided to herd everyone over to the mines to investigate, I’d rather not have this wonderful place get in more trouble than it usually did, like when it’s government supplied metals to the Cybermen way back during the cyber wars.

We took a walk into the mines, but we could barely find anything… eventually, Jack chimed in “Look Doctor, there’s nothing here, let’s just go to the Maldovarium…”. He walked off, and my companions followed suit, leaving me to either follow them or be alone in a dark cave where I can’t see anything… drinks for me then.

And so the adventures of the Time and Space Lunch Squad Continues…

We stepped in, and Jack sat us down by a large green alien, a slitheen. It was lounging about on a chair, wearing shorts and a Hawaiian shirt. It’s hoarse voice said “Is this the-“, Jack interrupted “Yes Jerri, this is the Doctor, it was surprisingly a pain to get him to a bar this time around. Payment?”.

“Just wait.”, it replied.

Then it turned to me and continued. “So Doctor… about 2 weeks ago, my brother went down into those mines… there was a scream, something attacked him… and he died. His body was then found last week, by the entrance of my house Doctor, my home! I tried and tried and tried to hire someone here to investigate, but they just wouldn’t, I need someone from the outside… you.  You have a good reputation for getting things done, none of that bureaucracy that can get interrupted by blood-covered hands, in short, help me please…”

Tears welled up in its giant black eyes… I agreed to help.

As we walked to where Jerri wanted to take us, barging through crowds, we lost Flora… “Wait where’s Flora?” said Sera before repeatedly calling for her… I couldn’t really think of what to do, but she’d probably be fine…

And now, for the first time in a while, it’s the Thrilling Adventures of Flora Fairfax!:

As we left the space bar, moving against a tide of people, I was separated from the rest of them… unable to move against them, I ended up being shoved inside a cold dark cube of metal… what a bunch of pricks. I sat up and heard a click, as 2 of the walls moved slowly but surely closer together. I ran for my life, shoving my body against the door until it burst open, the walls smacked together, and I was still very much alive… guess that’s the first assassination attempt I’ve been a part of, thanks Doc. I walked to the direction they were wandering towards, to find them all gawking at a spaceship, except for the Doctor, who looked at it like “Yep, that sure is a ship.”, and Jerri who led them there. I said “You left me to die for this?”, then I told them what happened, then Sera hugged me… bless, can’t stay mad at her. I can stay mad at the others though. Then the Doctor quite rightly apologised, but looking at his eyes, he looked as though he hadn’t an ounce of guilt in quite a while. “Well.”, he said, “This is getting us nowhere, let’s continue our investigation elsewhere.” By that he meant go to a rather long bench and sit down on it. Jerri looked agitated, can’t blame them really, his brother got murdered and we’re here pissing about on a bench. Suddenly, a blue-skinned woman walked by, an Aquarius star sign on the left side of her otherwise standard uniform. 

Captain Jack went up to her, saying “What company are you from, I don’t think I’ve seen you around here…”

She replied, rather annoyed (can’t blame you), “The Aquarius corporation, they recently bought the mines here.”

“The Mines!” The Doctor and Jerri screamed in unison.

She was taken aback a bit before saying “Shhh, we’re trying to get people to stop talking about what goes on in the mines. Not that I know, I don’t.”

“Would you like to find out?” The Doctor offered.

“... sure. Aquarius hides too much shit from us, I’d like some answers.”

And so, she joined uh, good God there’s too many of us, we have 7 people, help, I of course stayed close to Sera, can’t have her getting hurt. I’ve heard there’s safety in numbers, but numbers means more chances for just 1 person to get hurt, and there’s a glint in the Doctor’s eyes, he cares about some of us sure, 3 of us in the Tardis mainly, the rest I’m not so sure about.

The real character development is me going from “Why the hell cant I get a companion?” (Episode 1-3) to “HELP, TOO MANY PEOPLE ARE FOLLOWING ME!”

Back to the Doctor:

As we returned to the mines, we were halted by 4 people the technician (T’nack) told us were enforcers. I managed to get them to buzz off by showing them my psychic paper, apparently they think I’m some sort of private safety inspector they hired (seems a bit like a conflict of interest to me but they also kill people so I’m not complaining). Investigating their area of the cave, I accidentally kicked an audio recording device on the ground, playing a man screaming “Help, help, help! They’ve seen me… I’ve seen their plans, I know what they’re up to, they-“ and then it cut out. Jerri collapsed into tears, I patted his shoulder, can’t just let him be sad…”

I knew it.”, Jerri said, “They killed my brother, I want them to pay, Doctor!”

Honestly, he went on like this but it never went past that. I knew I should feel sad, but in truth I just… didn’t. It’s less like I want to help and more that I’m compelled to do so… but it was an excuse to blow up a company and I for one am always up to do that, so we continued. We stumbled over rock after rock, brick after brick, abandoned mining tools etcetera etcetera until we came across an underground spaceship… that’s not where they go! It looked ancient, unsure of what the origins of it were, but we decided to enter it… maybe this is why they appeared to buy a mine but haven’t actually started mining anything. Inside, it was dark, I had to keep using my sonic screwdriver to make light… and it kept making that annoying noise, one day I’m going to have to give that thing a mute option I swear to God. 

There was light coming from a door left open. We went through it… inside was all white, a white table had several chemical substances laid neatly on it... one whiff of the air and  I knew what it was… I slammed the door shut and explained it to my companions and the 3 allies I had collected. 

I said “Ok, explanation time. So, this ship is actually a Hospital ship, it would teleport to wherever help was needed to provide medical treatment. Appears this one teleported in quite the a awkward place, the entrance we found probably wasn’t there… fascinating. Anyway, in that room is a very outdated anaesthetic, it’s less like what you’d see in a hospital and more like back in the 1800’s on Earth where they thought Cocaine would be a good painkiller.”

Suddenly, a brutish voice chimed in with “And it pays my rent.” I turned around to see another group of Aquarius enforcers had followed us into the ship. So that’s what they wanted with this place, they wanted to use it to make drugs. T’nack looked disgusted as I decided the next course of action was to fight them, I had more than enough people to do that easily. They drew their guns against us, ready to mince our flesh with bullets and anyway, to make a long story short, we killed all 4 of them.

Honestly it was rather disturbingly easy to do this, those 4 got steamrolled, the only person in my team who even got wounded was Jack, probably wouldn’t be so scarily efficient if it weren’t for Jerri being on the team, I’m scared.

Jack was shot in the shoulder during the fight, prompting him to yell at T’nack “Why did you push me INTO his gun?”. T’nack looked on horrified before collecting herself. She said “Well. Now I have enough data on you to confirm you’re a threat to the company. I’ll tell my supervisor about this, he will greet you with a firing squad!” before leaving the group, that traitor! She came back immediately with 3 more enforcers and who I presume to be the manager, to which I just bursted out laughing.

“Oh my goodness don’t shoot me!”, I said, rather sarcastically, “I’ve heard what you’ve done, murder mainly, you killed an innocent Slitheen just lost in the caves. You also plan on selling just the world’s worst drug, no sustainability, you’d have to keep finding ships like this to keep making it, and you happened to have laid it out neatly in some documents in there, now, what if I were to say, show this to the Shadow Proclamation, this undeniable evidence, they’d… well dare I say Mr Manager man, they’d gun you down! And we killed all 4 of these people, way more armed than you sir, we defeated them even though one of us was working against us! Long story short, we’re getting out and reporting you and you better also be getting off this planet or you’ll be dead within an hour. Capiche?”

And they ran and ran and ran to that ship Jerri showed me, OH IT WAS THEIR SHIP, THAT’S WHY IT WAS SO IMPORTANT! Gotta apologise to Jerri, I flat out ranted at him because I thought it was pointless. Might get him to join the team, he’s a strong asset, as in he is as strong as me and the rest of my companions are weaklings who need the help. Well not Lewis, he’s been significantly stronger ever since I gave him a gun. So yeah, consider Jerri invited into the Tardis, we’ll all walk into it in a bit.

Well, let’s welcome the Slitheen onto the Tardis since my luck points can afford him. He gets the “Brash” trait which means he can seriously fuck up a charisma roll by like 1 if he doesn’t shut up, and I’ll give him a +1 to his brains stat, meaning he has 7 Brains. So… see me next time… during the Finale…

Actually, let’s establish what happens in the finale. I rolled a 1 on the finale table, meaning an enemy with a DM of 0 I’ve fought previously will return… on the Snowy planet of Callis IV, the Master lurks...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LINDA - High Score of Death!!!

Special Weapons

The Devouring: A Doctor Who Story