Mop Doctor Who Episode 3: Jailhouse Rock

If this for some reason makes you want to play Doctor Who the Solitaire Story Game, the pdf can be downloaded here https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/233361/doctor-who-solitaire-story-game-second-edition


Prologue: The Transparent man


Ok so I actually tried this scenario twice and they both went terribly for me so I restarted, On the first one, I immediately encountered Mondasian Cybermen in their base. Only problem, I didn’t know what their base was, they didn’t really have a base event. 2nd one I met River Song, we got split up and I was arrested and sentenced to death, I escaped, immediately got captured by the Ice Warriors and honestly any result that could happen after that made me a bit fed up so now here’s the 3rd attempt. 


I exited the Tardis into a vast underground cavern, buildings going up to the ceiling in place of a sky. The architecture was familiar to me, it was the city of the Silurians. As far as I knew, they weren’t planning anything, assuming anyone is planning anything is a flaw, especially with the Silurians, most of the time for me they just wanted to live underground in peace until some bloody oil company started drilling into their city. In proof of my suspicion that they may not be up to something, I was not accosted by Silurians as soon as my Tardis appeared. While it was peaceful, I decided to visit whoever the Silurian Elder was there, just to make it clear that I’m not causing trouble. However, turns out they were.

He looked at me with his dumb bearded fish face (less dumb than the Sea Devils though still dumb) and said “Ah, you’re that Doctor we’ve heard about, ruining our plans for centuries. You won’t get in the way of our next phase Doctor, guards, throw him away!” And then I was grabbed by guards and placed into a cell, dark and rocky. I guess I shouldn’t be surprised I was also marked for execution… should I tell them how many times they’d need to do it? I don’t even know how many I have left anymore. 


Inside my cell was a group of 7 human soldiers, led by 1 man who went by Curn. We talked and talked and talked, apparently they were doing a patrol out by Area 51. They discovered an entryway to some Silurian Graveyard down there and took one of the cadavers for an autopsy down at the base because apparently it does that (I thought it was just aircrafts but whatever). He showed me a photo of it, it certainly looked like a Silurian. When they went down again, they were quickly captured by the Silurians and imprisoned for graverobbing. The thing about the prisons down here is they aren’t locked well, so I picked the lock fairly easily and managed to get us all out of the prison. Now to safely escape the city.


I was very hyped by this, just being accompanied by 7 soldiers, that’d make combat easier… if only what the dice decided next didn’t happen.


We ran and ran and ran, I heard many gun shots from the Silurians. After a while I turned around and no one was there… either dead or captured. I made it out into the desert, overseeing a military base, Area 51. More soldiers swarmed me, I tried to tell them about the group, but with nothing to show for it, they only allowed me to surrender. I was then thrown into another cell, not to be executed this time, but it was pretty annoying to have this happen twice in 1 day. Luckily, in the 60’s they couldn’t do security that well, so I escaped with ease. On the way out I encountered 2 Silurians, but I managed to confuse them enough that they left, maybe it’s the heat.


It was at a point during the next turn that I realised I shouldn’t have met the military at all time as they weren’t on the encounters table for this adventure, rather the one below it, but I was fine with it.


I eventually made it to a diner by the road. I sat down to rest when a woman approached me. She clearly had 4 guards sitting on a table behind her, but she slinked next to me and said “Hello, I’m Dr Kramer. I have friends up in UNIT y’know, they talk, when I saw you being dragged in I could tell right away that you were the Doctor. Now, we’ve had problems with figuring out where this UFO from last week came from and what the corpse we dissected meant. I would like you to help me with this, repay the favour I did by letting you out.” I suppose I could say no, but I’m quite alone so I let her join me. However, she wasn’t the type of person I would have around longer than I’m here, too manic in a way you don’t want anyone to be.


I walked with her to where the UFO was said to have been sighted, and sure enough there it was, the most stereotypical representation of a flying saucer I’ve ever seen, almost looked like something out of Plan 9 From Outer Space… including the size of the prop apparently. It was barely bigger than a pizza pan in Radius, seemed to have no place for any pilot, it’s more like a drone than anything. Enter 3 Silurians with a Leader. Time to get out of this situation the only way I know how: a battle of wits where they reveal their plan. It went on for way too long so I’ll summarise. That UFO device I found is actually one of the thousands of disks they planned to use to spread a virus of their making. Soon, all humans on Earth will be dead and they get to rise from the surface and reclaim the land that they perceived as so rightfully theirs 65 million years ago. While they discussed this horribleness, I managed to escape them with that scientist bloke.


Time to stop those miserable Silurians.


The Silurians chased us throughout the desert, a rather long affair, couldn’t stop too long or they’d capture us Dr Kramer tried to call for help on her phone but she was ignored seemingly and she threw her 1 means of communication on the ground in anger. Eventually they caught up to us. I knew enough to try to broker peace, but whatever words I said fell on deaf ears. They grabbed us and forcefully took us to that Silurian city again, where I would be observed until they saw fit to let me leave via my ship and not bother them. They took me to their repulsive leader, we had another talk, he kept me in and I was rather fed up with it all so I decided to escape. I was surrounded by soldiers. I had to make a stand against them before they wiped out all of humanity.


I told them about their city, how marvellous it is, how it defies anything a human can do and doesn’t interfere with it. Luckily Dr Kramer was playing along, so I had them shake hands as if she was somehow significant when it came to even politics, but really the best she could do was tell them to not interfere with their graves. Hopefully this lot will follow this word, growing, developing, but never harmfully interfering with Earth. I hope one day they can just live together… but not now. It’s 1969, they need to get along with each other first. Still, it’s possible.


Well that was long for me, possibly the longes one I played, I came close to losing that one (you have to beat it in 12 turns or you either automatically fail, I beat it on turn 10), but of course he came out on top in the end. Glad I finally got something out of 60’s America. Still without companion, the scientist didn’t have an option (didn’t even have a name), River Song in the previous one had that option though so I haven’t missed my opportunity completely. Next time, something is wrong in an English Village in the 1940’s, go figure.


Here is my Twitter, follow it if you desire updates because who the fuck follows people on Blogger?: https://mobile.twitter.com/MarvelousMop



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LINDA - High Score of Death!!!

Special Weapons

The Devouring: A Doctor Who Story