Mop Doctor Who Episode 2: When in Rome

If this makes you interested in playing the game, it can be downloaded here: https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/233361/doctor-who-solitaire-story-game-second-edition


The Tardis spilled into an alleyway, where I got out to a most marvellous city, reminiscent of the Roman Empire, but futuristic, flying chariots and robots! It is the year 12005, the 2nd Roman Empire is in full swing, streets are gold and I’m just there in awe. I then see this Man, Francisco he tells me his name is… his garb is garish, symbol of Jupiter hanging from his neck. There were 7 others following him, I managed to get on his good side, and he imparted on me some wisdom I didn’t understand before leaving. 


I wandered around the city some more, marvelling at the familiar yet futuristic architecture, until I crossed paths with some soldiers, their armour similar to that of the Romans but the Metal was clearly Alien in nature and any bare skin was protected by a forcefield (clearly just for the spectacle as this is a rather impractical method). I talked with them and yet again they let me be, they were rather rude about it.


Through my exploration I saw a glimpse of something slowly building their forces, though I couldn’t tell what, the blisteringly hot sun getting in the way of my thought processes. I got in closer and saw the robed people from earlier enter, 2 of them took off their hoods and I saw their head, looked like a peach seed, must be a Sycorax… I tried to inspect them but the overwhelming heat from the sun made me clumsy and they spotted me, so I talked to them. I told them what I could let them know, I said I wasn’t a human, just visiting, will leave, and they let me leave. Why are they building their forces here, they tend to try to invade and conquer but they seem more quiet than usual…


After some looking around I did find their base, not hard really, just had to look for an asteroid that suspiciously looked like a ship on the inside… when I entered, I saw that blue police box of mine, the buggers stole my Tardis! Guess I didn’t convince them well… suddenly, I saw the Sycorax enter, one of them appeared to be dressed more regally, clearly the leader. The shaman from earlier was also there. I hid from view behind a rock, and eventually they left. There’s no reason for me to follow them so I stayed put. 


As I got out, I saw a man in similar garb to the religious group from earlier running from a pair or Sycoraxes. We started running, but that man must’ve tripped over his robe or something because they managed to grab him. I stepped in, somehow managed to talk us out of it again, I was all like “He’s with me, leave him be.”, either they weren’t told they had my TARDIS or there’s some other plan because they let him go and we went back to the street. He told me some things, his name was Fred, the Sycorax was doing blood control on the robed fellows, he somehow managed to escape somehow. I didn’t necessarily want him as a Companion, but at least I wasn’t alone anymore.


(The game actually didn’t give me the option to have him as a companion, guess I’ll have to keep looking)


I was making no progress on finding out why they’re here, I had to meet with the Sycorax leader to discover it. Luckily enough, I found him, or rather he found us. I asked “So, with all this mind control of harmless groups, what is your plan?”. He simply laughed before replying “Oh, you know how it is Doctor, simple business. No laws about taking people from here y’know, so that’s what I intend to do. Find a puppet, form a following, pack them on a ship and send them across the stars for people in need of a servant. It’ll help boost the Sycoraxian economy y’know, I’d get investing if I were you, Doc.”. Needless to say, I’m not investing in this, but I didn’t voice this. I just did some bla bla bla’s until the conversation ended and he left. Good God I need to stop this.


Ofcourse I couldn’t convince the military group from earlier to help, they were observing the Sycorax and seeing if they were a threat apparently, and I can’t just have them kill them and start a war based on some advice they have no proof for, I know this because they said that when I asked them for help. Had to take matters into my own hands. I went up to the Sycorax and I told them “Right, this is a violation of rights what you're doing here, I am more powerful than you, leave or I’ll demonstrate why.” I barely managed to convince them of this, but they called the leader and he seemed baffled. “Such a shame Doc, oh well, it’s been a pleasure doing business with you, hope we meet again!”. What a git. I took my Tardis back and left, and so did they. Hopefully, for a very long time.


Well that went better than last time, maybe too better as this ending is oddly anticlimactic, maybe one day I’ll use that clobbering power I gave him, though that last roll to convince them to leave actually required it. Funny thing, both my and the enemie’s stat was 14, I rolled a 2 and pretty much thought I was fucked, but then they rolled a 1. Anyway, maybe join me next time when something funky is happening in 1969 (other than the whole moon landing thing and I guess the silence are there sort of but it’s not like anyone would remember that).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LINDA - High Score of Death!!!

Special Weapons

The Devouring: A Doctor Who Story