Mop Doctor Who Episode 1: The Strangers inside your Skin

I remember finding “Doctor Who: Solitaire Story Game” from browsing the internet and decided to see if I could make a season out of it, that’s the premise bb, a season in this game has 10 episodes so that’s the goal.


If this makes you at all interested in the game, you can find it here, though only the beginning of this will focus on any core mechanics, the rest is a dramatised version of the events created with this game. https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/233361/doctor-who-solitaire-story-game-second-edition


First off, let’s regenerate from whoever the fuck was doctor last (I’m not gonna bother to place my Doctor anywhere). 


I decided my doctor will have 10 in Brains (that’s just the default you start with), 7 in Brawn (added 3 points because idk I wanna beat people up good) and 9 in Bravery (added 2 points because I didn’t want to add them to brains).


I then picked the following skills:


Charisma

Demolitions

Gloating

Poison

Science

Tardis

Thief

Tracking


With 5 Luck points, it’s time to Regenerate.


Your  thoughts  turn  to  your  regeneration.  How  did  you  lose  your  last  life? (a rather pointless gun duel)  What  friends  did  you  leave  behind? (... well they do say keep your enemies closer, I just forgot to keep the friends close also) Or  did they  lose their  lives  so that you  could  reach the  TARDIS  and escape? (I hope that bastard’s dead!) You  lean  against  the  central  console  as  it  moves up  and  down,  the  light  flickering  across  your  sad  face.  Taking  a  deep  breath,  you  shake  your  head  to  clear  it  –  short term  amnesia  from  your  regeneration  no  doubt. Then  you  discover  something lying on  the  console  and a  small  smile  plays across  your  lips.  


One d6 roll later and I have myself a gadget: the psychic paper.


You  suddenly  realise  that  you  are  wearing  the  clothes  of  your  last  regeneration!  This  won’t  do  at  all  –  they  are certainly  not  your  style!  What  were  you  thinking  when  you  chose  them?  You  hurry  off  into  the  TARDIS  to  find something more  suitable  and with a  little  flair...  


Right uh something frilly and purple, done.


Returning  to  the  console  room  later,  you  realise  that  you  can’t  remember  setting  any  destination  co-ordinates.  You watch  as  the  console  slows  to  a  stop  and  a  loud  wheezing,  groaning  sound  suddenly  fills  the  air  as  the  TARDIS  starts to materialise.  As  the  sound  dies  away,  you  check  the  controls  of  the  TARDIS  to  see  where  you  are.


Victorian England (oh no)


You  straighten  your  new  clothes  (much  better  than  your  last  incarnation  anyway) (thanks I guess)  and  step  outside  the  TARDIS  to begin  your  adventure.  


Episode 1: The Strangers inside your Skin

I exit the Tardis, Victorian England, year 1892. It’s a full moon tonight… I walk into the street, cold, when suddenly a lady approaches me, running. “I saw them, I know I did!” she said, I replied “What did you see?” and she said “The Strangers. They’ve been lurking around recently, no one believes me but I know what I saw…”. Interesting. This is worthy of an investigation. She took me over to a graveyard, refused to go in, so I went in on my own… what I saw…


A body. You may be thinking “wow, a corpse in a graveyard, so shocking”, but this one was clearly… fresher… it had been killed recently the wounds on it were not anything a regular person in London could do, I doubt even Jack the Ripper could’ve done it… Even if it could be done by a human, the stings on it are unexplainable. I couldn’t find anything from a medical examination of the body, so I decided to continue investigating.


By the body was a Tomb… something struck me as odd about it, so I investigated it, and activated a switch, leading to a room underground… inside, an oddly organic structure, meaty and dry. I then saw 4 people talk amongst eachother as they changed into their real red barnacled form, it’s the Zygons! I managed to hide from them and got out as soon as possible… now where the Hell has Carol wandered off to? I move forward into the unending full moon.


So, since Carol separated, I chose this round to have her do some minor detective work, so welcome to this brief segment of…


The Eerie Adventures of Caroline Fairfax

When I left the man at the Graveyard, I saw another one of these strangers. I couldn’t know if he was one, but his neck was thick like the rest of them. He said he was waiting for a package, though I didn’t have it. Then he grabbed me by the arm and tossed me into a wine cellar… at least, I think it’s a wine cellar. Can’t open any of the doors… don’t want to die down here… hope someone can save me. In the cellar I think I found the package… some odd circular device… suddenly, the door burst open.


Back to the Doctor


Her bootprints were in the mud, so I was able to find her location easily… a cellar… locked from the outside… she was trapped in there! I rammed my body against the entrance, it worked but I also fell down the stairs… moving on, she was holding a device, about the size of a wheel… I recognised it, an Atmosphere displacer, a cruel device used by invading species to change the atmosphere of a planet for either colonisation or genocidal purposes… good God, I have to stop them! I couldn’t risk returning to the graveyard, so instead I went to a nearby church, only to discover this… blue crystal attached to a device, surely connected to their plan to remove all the oxygen. One touch and I felt unknown parts of my brain awaken like a jolt of electricity struck them… With dexterous work I removed it from the device, Zygons rushed in. I ran, they ran right past us, huddling around the device in fear… “You fool!” I heard them cry as the device started to beep…in all my years of adventuring, I know beeping can only mean one thing: an explosion! Ofcourse, they probably had that put in as a countermeasure, I ran from the church and managed to reach the Tardis as it exploded… not Carol though. Before she could get out, she was grabbed by one of the Zygons… they looked into my eyes, both knowing deep down that there must’ve been another way, a way I didn’t try to find.


I entered the Tardis, and let the sleek stream of time absorb me.


Well that Uh concludes another,,, joyous episode of Mop’s Doctor Who… aren’t I such a good one. Glad I didn’t make her a companion now, she would’ve cost me… 2 luck for dying,,, eh, the doctor’s committed war crimes before, I’m better. Next Time: We see the 2nd Roman Empire!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LINDA - High Score of Death!!!

Special Weapons

The Devouring: A Doctor Who Story